Vision of Missions Program
AABC recognizes it's responsibility to be a witness of Jesus in our "Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria," and the uttermost parts of the earth. With this great undertaking in mind, it is the desire of the Missions Committee to focus the attentions of this body on foreign missions with particular emphasis on indigenous workers and ministries, especially as it pertains to financial support and the appointment of new missionaries.
The Missions Committee operates under the authority of (and is accountable to) the church's board of elders.
In order to accomplish the commission of Matthew 28:19-20 we will :
- Support and encourage worldwide evangelism, discipleship and leadership training.
- Support the establishment of churches of like faith and function. (church planting)
In order to educate the local body of their responsibilities to missions we will:
- Instruct people, through the Word, of their need for personal commitment and involvement in missions work.
- Schedule special missionary speakers throughout the year.
- Encourage faith giving and prayer support throughout the year.
- Encourage and support those of the body that go into missionary service.
Mission Committee Member List: Mike
and Diane Stuart, Chris and Karen Blades, Carrie Cain, Brooke Norris, John
Steffler, Bob McKnight, TJ and Andrea Wilkinson, Cari Raisch, Barb Baker, Rick